With all the Paleo books available, it’s become challenging to separate the gotta-get-it guides from the not-worth-the-money mundane options. A new addition to my list of “yes, it’s a must” recommendations: “Nutritional Grail: Ancestral Wisdom, Breakthrough Science, and the Dawning Nutritional Renaissance” (click for details).
Author Christopher James Clark has created a detailed exploration of the science behind the Paleo movement. With guidance as to how to implement the nutritional principles of the Ancestral Health approach, his book is an essential for anyone and everyone who wants to improve their health and well-being.
Try a recipe from Christopher below.
Minty Lamb Burgers w. Olives and Capers
- 1.5 pounds ground lamb
- 2/3 cup olives, pitted (about 25 olives)
- 2 cups fresh herbs (mint, parsley, cilantro), loosely packed
- ¼ cup capers
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed
- 2 tablespoons cumin
- 1 tablespoon allspice
- Wash the herbs and spin them dry.
- Put the olives, capers, garlic, cumin and allspice into a food processor. Begin processing, adding a small amount of olive oil, if necessary, to achieve a smooth texture.
- Add the herbs and process until they are broken into small pieces.
- Add the ground lamb and mix to incorporate.
- Form into burgers and grill for about 5 minutes per side. I use a stovetop grill plate, but a conventional outdoor grill also works great. Or you could put them in the oven under the broiler.