“The Zenbelly Cookbook: An Epicurean’s Guide to Paleo Cuisine” is a delightful Paleo cookbook that provides fabulously flavored healthy recipes. The following is re-published with permission. Get more information including how to order from Amazon about the “The Zenbelly Cookbook: An Epicurean’s Guide to Paleo Cuisine” by clicking here.
3 large yellow plantains, about 2-2.5 pounds before peeling
Preheat your oven to 350.
- Peel and chop your plantains and place in a food processor.
- Puree until somewhat pureed, and then add the melted lard, egg whites, salt and lime juice.
- Puree until smooth.
- Drop about 2 tablespoons at a time onto a baking sheet lined with a lightly greased sheet of parchment paper, 4 per standard baking sheet (spaced as shown above)
- Smooth into a circle with the bottom of a ladle, getting as thin as possible, switching to wet fingers once the ladle stops being efficient.
- Bake for 15 minutes, until dry to the touch, and just starting to brown on the edges.