One of the most popular variations on low carb diets is also one of the oldest: Atkins. Created by Dr. Robert Atkins, it’s proliferated a wide range of products and books. It is a high fat low carb ketogenic diet plan. You go through four phases, with each allowing an increasing number of net carbs per day. It’s designed to burn fat faster while minimizing hunger pangs and carb cravings.
- For the newest version of the Atkins diet, read: “The New Atkins Made Easy: A Faster, Simpler Way to Shed Weight and Feel Great — Starting Today.”
- To understand the science behind the plan and how to make it work for you, read “New Atkins for a New You: The Ultimate Diet for Shedding Weight and Feeling Great”.
- There’s also a cookbook: “The New Atkins for a New You Cookbook: 200 Simple and Delicious Low-Carb Recipes in 30 Minutes or Less (Touchstone Book).”
- For a workbook that can help you put the diet into action, from menus to shopping, read “The New Atkins for a New You Workbook.”
- And for the original Dr. Atkins diet book, read the “Atkins Diet Revolution.”