Actress and singer Lea Michele is also a food lover. She makes it clear in her new book.
“Ask my friends and they’ll tell you that I’m the person who wants to talk about all the things I ate today, where we’re going for dinner, and all the things we could order and eat,” she says in her new book, which combines fitness, beauty, health, diet and lifestyles: “Brunette Ambition.”
As part of that “I really love food” theme, the “Glee” star puts the emphasis on quality over quantity.
“I never treat my body like a garbage disposal and instead try to feed it only the best possible food,” she states.
One of her recipes follows for a frittata. Plus: Find out about Lea’s recent appearance on the Dr. Oz show and get her recipe for a weight loss breakfast shake by clicking here.
• 2 tbsp olive oil
• 1 red pepper, chopped
• 1 green pepper, chopped
• ¼ onion, chopped
• 1 tsp kosher salt
• 1 tsp black pepper
• 8 egg whites (you can separate these, or buy these in a carton)
• ½ cup feta cheese, crumbled
• 8 ounces fresh spinach
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
2. In a heavy skillet, add olive oil and bring to medium-low heat.
3. Sauté onions and peppers until vegetables are tender, about 7 minutes.
4. Sprinkle the mixture with salt and pepper.
5. Pour egg whites into the skillet and cook for three minutes.
6. Sprinkle the top with feta and spinach.
7. Put skillet in oven and bake, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes; if you use whole eggs instead of egg whites, bake at 400 degrees.
8. Loosen the edges of the frittata with a rubber spatula, and then invert onto a plate.